Monday, October 12, 2009

A Visit With Amy

Hey You All!!! Long time no bloggy. Enough of that...
I gotta tell you about Amy. She's my lil' Sis. She's cute, some would say hot. Huh, Dan? This is an older picture of she and I at Jenn's wedding 2006.

Anyway, she and her youngest son Caidan came to visit John and I this weekend. Well it was more then a visit, it was for a Half Iron Man race in Santa Clarita. http://www.renegaderaceseries.com/index.php?view=details&id=36%3Amagic-mountain-man-triathlon&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=146
She is actually training for the Iron Man Arizona on November 19, 2009.
http://www.ironmanarizona.com

She did, (do you say, did?) her race this Saturday. Wow, extremely impressive. Swim (at 7am) 1.2 miles, then strip your wet suit and put on your bike shoes, cus now she rides her bike for 56 miles, up the grapevine. (For non-California's, the grapevine is the mountain range between Los Angeles and Bakersfield. It climbs a few thousand feet in only ten or so miles.) After returning to Santa Clarita with her bike, she strips her bike shoes for running shoes and runs a half marathon. Yes, 13.1 miles. She placed first in her Division, Women 40 - 44. She placed fifth with all women and Tenth overall. Here are her stats.
It says 49th overall, but in the actual triathlon, she placed tenth overall.

So while she way goofing off, that lazy, good for nothing bum, (notice the sarcasm) I had to watch her son Caidan. John and I and Caidan played.
It was like I had a grandson all the sudden. I could let him eat cake for breakfast, with chocolate milk and wear his pj's till noon. Well, he was dressed sooner then noon only cus he wanted to help me feed the dogs and the horses, and it was cold. But he did have the cake for breakfast.

Here is a photo collage of our time together. I just got him trained to help me with my chores and Amy took him home. Brat!! She does that to me all the time, JK!!














Filling the water buckets and playin' with Beckham.















Time for a sleepy on the dog beds. Cute, huh?






















Scratchin' Lacey. She loves that.










Running, EVERYWHERE!!!














Hangin' with the youngest of the Rennie crew, Lil' Joe.



Ponneeh smoochin' on him.

3 comments:

natureguysgardenetc said...

It's hard to believe that I have all of these talented and great looking sisters!!! Amy, you go girl! You are truly amazing! Great pics of Caidan with your beautiful horse Buffy! I am glad for you that you haave stayed with the horses. I am sure that if I ever had that opportunity that I could learn a lot from them!

Love,

Michael

Joan Stewart Smith said...

Hey lil' sissies!

Looks like a lot of fun - and hard work! And here I sit trying to write.

Caidan will remember these trips to the "farm!"

Mary Kay Stewart said...

What a beautiful blog, Buffy. Once again I just must compliment you on your pictures-- it is not just camera skill it is always what you see and then put a frame around it. These photos of Caidan on your 'farm' are precious and will keep alive his memories. He may only have this opportunity a few times. Yet, in his memories he will say, 'Remember the many times we used to visit Aunt Buffy and Uncle John out in the hill country'? Did Patrick teach you how to blog well. If so, I want this teacher.

Post a Comment