Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First Annual Thankfulness Post

Ok, so it's not the first time I have been thankful. In fact I am usually thankful more then once a year as my previous posts have expressed a few times or so. But I do appreciate the opportunity to have a special day of the year to allow ourselves the right to express our thankfulness, not only about life in general but especially to our loved ones.
So here I go...

I am Thankful for:
My husband, John. He has spent the past thirty plus years of his life striving to keep me comfortable. He has done a DAMN good job, Thank you very much!
My kids. Jenn and Shawn (not my son, my son-in-law) produced a baby this year (in case you didn't know). Dakota is kinda cute and adorable and sweet and fun and cuddly and smells good and... shall I go on?
Shawn and Maegan have joined us in our home for the past six months. It's been hard for them, not having their own home, stuff, quiet... but it's been a time to get to know Mae a little more. this I am thankful for. And their moving out this weekend. YEAH, SAD, good, bummer all wrapped up into one. I will miss you and Xui Xui.
Pat, oh Pat. I've posted alot about him so I won't go into detail. But I am thankful that I have been given this blessing called epilepsy through him. I am growing day by day trying to figure it all out. I am thankful that I am available for him. God made me, his mom, just perfect for him.
If that doesn't make sense, try to figure it out.
My horsey's. Yup that's all I will say about that. If you know me you understand. If you don't understand, then you don't know me and what the heck have you been doing these past 46 years. Get on with it. Get to know me.
My doggie's. Right now they smell like dirty dogs, but I love 'um anyway. They worship me in their doggy ways. Is that good? I don't care. I am thankful that I have them.
My yard (the ranch). It's kinda fallish messy right now. I have neglected it just a bit. But the best part about it is when I get the drive to get to it it will bring me more joy then just looking at it. The hard work it takes is such a blessing.
My friends, old and new. You know who you are. You have helped me through life. You remind me that I need you everyday. We talk on the phone, text, email, ride horseys, have lunch, workout, study the Bible...together. These are the things I need you for and you are there.
I am Thankful for life, for the life that God has blessed me with. Beyond more then I could have asked for. Though I struggle every minute to be the best daughter, sister, wife, mom, and friend I can be, I know that this is what you have given me to help me grow and blossom.

Let's look to tomorrow not just as an opportunity to be thankful, but to make the remainder of our lives the opportunity to honor God in EVERYTHING we do. Every good, bad, ugly, sweet, lovely, horrible, wonderful, nasty, mean, nice, careful thing we do. Turn it around in honor to Him. That's why we live, to learn and grow more and more like Him.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all.

I give you permission to enjoy yourselves. Eat food, love your family, love God and His creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment