Monday, November 16, 2009

I AM SO EXCITED!




First some perspective. This is Lacey, myself and Lil' Joe on the day of his birth, May 13, 2007. He and I go WAY back. Well, I am pretty much all he knows as a teacher / trainer. From day one he and I began our relationship.

Here is Lil' Joe on Saturday, November 14, 2009, two and a half years later. He's grown a bit, wouldn't you say? He and I have a had a few moments together.

This was our first opportunity to go public. I have had a few rides on him at home, but never in a new place with new horses. This was a training clinic instructed by Jeremy Dunn of www.jbcattleco.com .

I have worked and followed his training methods for a few years now. So it was obvious that I would start Lil' Joe with his assistance.

Now, mind you, this is only the second horse in all my forty plus years that I have started. The first was Spirit of 76 "Blue", a chestnut Paint filly, I bought for $500 when I was 15 and she was two. That went well, I think. She was ridable and I sold her for at least twice what I paid for her a year later. But I had no method to my madness back then. Just get her ridable, that was my goal. She had a quiet mind much like Joe's, but not nearly as pushy or smart as he is.
So here I am thirty years later attempting this again. And we did it. At least up to this point, I believe I have an intelligent, beautiful, solid horse. He's not "finished" and won't be for several years, but the foundation is solid and I couldn't have asked for it to be better.

I have done some Thank You messages here in the past and I once again will throw a few big thank you's out:

God, you have blessed us beyond what we could ever have imagined. You have allowed me to have these creatures in my life and I THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!
John, most of all THANK YOU for putting up with my expensive and time consuming desires and dreams. They can be pretty out there, but you helped me fulfill them, THANKS! Hey and thanks for the great pictures here. I wouldn't be able to brag nearly as well without them. Thank you!
Dad and Mom, yeah you guys also. You started me on this great journey when I was just five. I thank you for Goldie and Lexy as they have forever been infused in my soul. They were the beginning of the passion that I have for God's most amazing creatures. Thank you!
Jeremy and Brandie, you have been such a help with even the little things. Jeremy, I didn't even sense frustration from you when you saw that Lil' Joe was still a little too pushy, thanks.

And now I'd like to thank the academy, oh wait...just kiddin'.

But really, this has been a lot for me and I just wanted to share a small bit of it with you.

3 comments:

Joan Stewart Smith said...

Your dream of horses came true!

Mary Kay Stewart said...

What a beautiful, perky fellow! I think it's a love affair. Mother

Debi Beebe said...

Are you wearing a helmut?
LOL!!!

Post a Comment