Monday, August 3, 2009

Santa Barbara Polo and Raquet Club

Sundays, starting the first Sunday after Easter and ending in mid-October, you can enjoy the coolness of the So Cal ocean breeze, sunshine, green grass and thundering hooves.


John and I made our first 2009 trip there this past Sunday. It really is a wonderful time of exciting action, eating good food and meeting some interesting people. We drive our car up to the field, unpack our picnic lunch and bottle of wine and sit under the umbrella just feet from the polo field.




This is how close we are to the play. I do not have a telephoto lense. This is just my little canon digital camera with an automatic focus lense.



Nice shot, huh?
Needless to say, you must pay attention to the game at all times. You have the opportunity of having a horse and rider in your lap or possibly just the little 3.5 inch wood, leather or resin ball at your head. Oh yeah or don't forget the mallet. That could be swung in your direction to.
Yesterdays competition was the final two games of a month long tournament. The four teams were awesome, considered 10 and 12 goal rated teams (you should google this and find out what it means) or I could give you the link for more info. http://www.sbpolo.com/polo/the_sport.htm



I have a confession. These are last years pictures. I forgot my camera yesterday.

Let us know if you want to join us in the future. We are always looking for an excuse to go and maybe I won't forget my camera this time.
I love this shot!!! Poneeh would like to try this sometime, I think. Um...NOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment